happy, happy new year!!
it’s FOREVA!!! thanks buddy!!
how ya like my ‘stache?
but tell us how you really feel / divis
LOVE this DIY: Wine Bottle Light, via lauraj
Party and Bullshit in the USA -
1. English - I love you
2. Afrikaans - Ek het jou lief
3. Albanian - Te dua
4. Arabic - Ana behibak (to male)
5. Arabic - Ana behibek (to female)
6. Armenian - Yes kez sirumen
7. Bambara - M’bi fe
8. Bangla - Aamee tuma ke bhalo aashi
9. Belarusian - Ya tabe kahayu
10. Bisaya - Nahigugma ako kanimo
11. Bulgarian - Obicham te
12. Cambodian - Soro lahn nhee ah
13. Cantonese Chinese - Ngo oiy ney a
14. Catalan - T’estimo
15. Cheyenne - Ne mohotatse
16. Chichewa - Ndimakukonda
17. Corsican - Ti tengu caru (to male)
18. Creol - Mi aime jou
19. Croatian - Volim te
20. Czech - Miluji te
21. Danish - Jeg Elsker Dig
22. Dutch - Ik hou van jou
23. Esperanto - Mi amas vin
24. Estonian - Ma armastan sind
25. Ethiopian - Afgreki’
26. Faroese - Eg elski teg
27. Farsi - Doset daram
28. Filipino - Mahal kita
29. Finnish - Mina rakastan sinua
30. French - Je t’aime, Je t’adore
31. Gaelic - Ta gra agam ort
32. Georgian - Mikvarhar
33. German - Ich liebe dich
34. Greek - S’agapo
35. Gujarati - Hoo thunay prem karoo choo
36. Hiligaynon - Palangga ko ikaw
37. Hawaiian - Aloha wau ia oi
38. Hebrew - Ani ohev otah (to female)
39. Hebrew - Ani ohev et otha (to male)
40. Hiligaynon - Guina higugma ko ikaw
41. Hindi - Hum Tumhe Pyar Karte hae
42. Hmong - Kuv hlub koj
43. Hopi - Nu’ umi unangwa’ta
44. Hungarian - Szeretlek
45. Icelandic - Eg elska tig
46. Ilonggo - Palangga ko ikaw
47. Indonesian - Saya cinta padamu
48. Inuit - Negligevapse
49. Irish - Taim i’ ngra leat
50. Italian - Ti amo
51 to 100 here
jed, being a good uncle
A book-filled staircase
London-based Levitate Architects came up with this ingenious solution to a book storage problem and created a loft-like bedroom nestled under the roof of the top-floor apartment. Here’s what Levitate’s Tim Sloan had to say about the project:
The flat occupies part of the shared top floor of an existing Victorian mansion block. Our proposal extended the flat into the unused loft space above, creating a new bedroom level and increasing the floor area of the flat by approximately one third. We created a ‘secret’ staircase, hidden from the main reception room, to access a new loft bedroom lit by roof lights. Limited by space, we melded the idea of a staircase with our client’s desire for a library to form a ‘library staircase’ in which English oak stair treads and shelves are both completely lined with books. With a skylight above lighting the staircase, it becomes the perfect place to stop and browse a tome. The stair structure was designed as an upside down ‘sedan chair’ structure (with Rodrigues Associates, Structural Engineers, London) that carries the whole weight of the stair and books back to the main structural walls of the building. It dangles from the upper floor thereby avoiding any complicated neighbour issues with the floors below.
want. want. want.
what will we do when we win?
me: let’s got to paris!
jed: let’s go to space!
he’s not kidding, by the way.
don’t you wish you were here?
…is all around (including but not limited to here, wherever here is)